Lavin Seed Fund Provides Seed Capital
Students can take advantage of early stage funding to focus on growing what matters
most, their venture. The Lavin Entrepreneurship Center Seed Fund is open to any currently
matriculating SDSU student who has been accepted to or currently participating in
either the Lavin Entrepreneur Program or in one of the tracks of the Zahn Innovation
Platform Launchpad. This seed fund is also open to students who are enrolled in the Entrepreneurship Minor
or Entrepreneurship Specialization, contingent on the student being accepted into
the ZIP Launchpad if selected to be awarded funding.
The Lavin Center would like to recognize Carol Lavin Bernick for her efforts in making this program possible. If you have questions about applying for funding, please email Sarah Ainsworth at [email protected].
Eligible Uses for Funding
- Marketing expenses
- Material for product development & MVP prototyping
- Business license or permits
- Legal help outside Lavin Center programs
- Web and application development
- Pay for temporary/contract employees
- Ineligible Uses: Non-related conferences or events, generic business equipment (computers, drones,
How to Apply
- The application window for this round of funding is listed on the Lavin Center calendar.
- Students should consider their venture’s business model canvas, perform background research, and understand their customer and market before applying to the startup fund.