2021 Virtual CEEC Call for Proposals
Now Taking Proposals for Interactive Research or Pedagogy Sessions
The California Entrepreneurship Educators Conference seeks to engage conference participants in cutting edge, transformative activities and discussion related to reinventing entrepreneurship research and pedagogy. Those wishing to propose an activity for the conference must designate whether the activity should fit in either the research or pedagogy track. If your proposal is chosen for the conference, you (and all panel members if applicable), must be registered for the 2021 conference.
Note: Proposals will be competitively evaluated for inclusion in the program.
Research Track: Research topics might include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Asking great and relevant research questions
- Discussing useful research methods
- Developing new theoretical frameworks in entrepreneurship
- Applying existing theories to better understand the entrepreneurial process
- Reviewing a research domain and engaging in pro and con discourse
- Discussing disruptions needed to improve the review process and confidence in research findings (e.g., replication studies, crowdsourcing reviews)
Pedagogy Track: Pedagogy or curriculum topics might include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Insights to improve student engagement and learning
- Introductions to new pedagogical tools and exercises
- Ideas for unique entrepreneurship course designs (especially interdisciplinary course designs)
- Curriculum design
- Cross-campus engagement
- Co-curricula activities
- Assessment tools for courses or programs
Workshop and Panel Presentation Proposal Guidelines: Please use the guidelines listed below to help you in your proposal submission.
- Workshop proposal is leader-led and is limited to 50 minutes including 15 minutes of questions and answers.
- Panel proposal is speaker led and limited to ten minutes. We may combine two to three panels for a conference session which will also include 20 minutes of questions and answers.
- Lightning round proposal is speaker led, can be research or pedagogy, development project or unique activity, limited to 12 minutes total (7 minutes to present, 5 minutes Q & A). We may combine two to three lightning rounds for a conference session.
All submissions are due by Monday, February 15, 2021 at 12:00 pm PST.