National Entrepreneurship Recognition
Entrepreneurship Leader at SDSU
The Lavin Entrepreneurship Center at San Diego State University serves students, entrepreneurs and, business leaders through its entrepreneurial curriculum, workshops, internships, resources and, events.
Having the right blend of university curriculum and industry involvement, the Lavin Entrepreneurship Center within San Diego State University's (SDSU) Fowler College of Business has emerged as an entrepreneurial leader. SDSU and the Lavin Center has been recognized for having one of the best entrepreneurial programs in the United States by both Princeton Review and Entrepreneur magazine. In 2018, the Lavin Center was honored with the Nasdaq Center of Entrepreneurial Excellence award by the Global Consortium of Entrepreneurial Centers (GCEC). Additionally, SDSU was named to the Kiplinger's Personal Finance list of 100 best values in public colleges for 2015-2016.
The Lavin Center has become a stellar example of what can result when academic talent, local industry, and private donors join forces, balancing the very latest in scholastic knowledge with experiential learning. SDSU’s innovative learning environment in conjunction with San Diego’s exciting entrepreneurial business climate bring together dynamic curriculum, mentor programs, local business leadership, and philanthropy to establish a leading entrepreneurship program.
The Lavin Entrepreneurship Center has developed diverse hands-on learning opportunities that complement and enrich entrepreneur education, enabling students to translate their knowledge into practice. As a future entrepreneur, you will experience the challenges of creating business plans, commercializing products,and growing new ventures. This is all done while building a diverse network of peers and mentors.
The Lavin Center's diverse programs include the:
- Lean Model for undergraduate seniors
- Founders and Students Connect at LaunchIn
- Entrepreneur Day is hosted by the Entrepreneur Society (ES) at San Diego State University (SDSU), in collaboration with the Lavin Entrepreneurship Center
- Venture Challenge business plan competition featuring over $25,000 in awards sponsored by SDSU
- MBA/MSBA internship programs for both Non-Profit agencies and For-Profit companies
- Center for the Commercialization of Advanced Technology