San Diego State University Graduate Programs and Courses
Creating Opportunities through Entrepreneurship
The MBA in Entrepreneurship is created specifically for aspiring entrepreneurs. Graduates receive advanced instruction focused on mastering entrepreneurial concepts, financing emerging enterprises, and managing high-growth ventures. Graduates from this program must first complete a well-constructed thesis, engage in a business consulting project, or partake in a business strategy simulation.
In order to maximize student learning outcomes, graduate students can participate in the Venture Capital Investment Competition (VCIC) or apply to the Lavin Entrepreneurship Center Internship Program. Students are encouraged to take advantage of the ZIP Launchpad and/or the Lavin Entrepreneurship Center where student entrepreneurs can launch their own start-up company while utilizing resources only available to undergraduate and graduate students who are accepted into the program.
Foundational Core Classes
- BA 640: Financial Reporting and Analysis (2 units)
- BA 641: Business Ethics and Corporate Responsibility (1 unit)
- BA 642: Statistical Analysis (2 units)
- BA 643: Managerial Economics (2 units)
- BA 644: Operations and Supply Chain Management (2 units)
- BA 645: Marketing (1 unit)
*Foundational core courses are waivable through prior academic work for which a grade of B or better was earned within the previous 7 years at an AACSB accredited (or equivalent) university.
Profession Core Courses
- BA 670: Managerial Accounting (3 units)
- BA 671: Legal Environment of Business (2 units)
- BA 672: Managerial Marketing (3 units)
- BA 673: Organizational Behavior and Leadership (3 units)
- BA 674: Financial Management (3 units)
- BA 749: Business Analytics (3 units)
- BA 676: Strategic Thinking (3 units)
Entrepreneurship Specialization Courses
- MGT 724: Entrepreneurship
- FIN 641: Financing the Emerging Enterprise
- MGT 744: Managing the Growing Firm
*Choose one course from list:
- MGT 748: International Entrepreneurship
- MKTG 761: Product Innovation Management
- BA 780: Field Studies In Business
For the most up to date information about the MBA in Entrepreneurship, please visit the Fowler College of Business website at Business Administration (MBA): Specialization in Entrepreneurship.