The Lavin VentureStart Competition
Uniting Entrepreneurs at SDSU
Spring 2017 VentureStart Competition Finalists have been Announced!
The Farewell Guide- Talena Handley
Chris' Pantry- Christopher Oyuela & Alex Jones
Vardas Solutions- Chad Vardas & David Shadi
The Lavin VentureStart Competition is designed to unify multidisciplinary students whose talents, ideas, and energy may operate tomorrow’s leading firms. Our goal at the Lavin Entrepreneurship Center is to identify and nurture outstanding teams of student entrepreneurs who are able to develop a business model canvas that showcases the new venture’s ability to pivot in response to customer input and interaction. This business model competition cultivates ideas around lean startup and business model development to reward SDSU students for innovative ideation.
Students who participate will attend two VentureStart workshops throughout the competition to prepare for the final business model submissions. The competitors will then submit a business model canvas based on their ideas. Four to five teams are selected to compete in the Lavin VentureStart Competition Final and present their business ideas to a panel of entrepreneur judges. The first, second, and third place winners receive a total of $900 in-cash awards.
The Lavin Center will provide teams who enter The Lavin VentureStart Competition with valuable resources in the following areas crucial to successful entrepreneurship:
- Networks of world-class entrepreneurs, investors, and potential partners
- Mentorship by successful and seasoned professionals
- Education on the Business Model Canvas as well as entrepreneurial insight
- Content-rich feedback on their business model from world class entrepreneurs, investors, professors and professional service providers on our Judging Panel
- Team building opportunities to create a winning team of founders
Contact Jenna McGuigan at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.