Larry and Madeline Petersen Endowed Scholarship in Entrepreneurship
Lawrence, '71, and Madeline Petersen have been supporting entrepreneurs on the San Diego State University campus for years. This year, the Petersen's expanded their support with the introduction of the "Larry and Madeline Petersen Endowed Scholarship in Entrepreneurship." The scholarship supports SDSU students enrolled in the entrepreneurship specialization or entrepreneurship minor.
The Larry and Madeline Petersen Endowed Scholarship in Entrepreneurship provides substantial support to the upper division, full-time students, encouraging them to pursue their entrepreneurial dreams and learn how to transform their ideas and inventions into profitable businesses. "It is the right thing to do and the right time to do it," Mr. Petersen said. "The students should be able to control their own destiny in their professional lives. That is why it is so important for them to start gaining entrepreneurial skills while they are in college."
Mr. Larry Petersen graduated from SDSU with the Master's degree in Marketing. He is a Founder and President of LP Marketing, a sales and marketing organization in California providing services to major consumer and professional electronics manufacturers. In addition, Mr. Petersen founded Bayview Distributing and Development. The Petersen's have been supporting and nurturing The Center's young entrepreneurs throughout the years. With their joint effort, the Lavin Entrepreneurship Center will be able to give the next generation of entrepreneurs not only the knowledge, but also financial support.
- Minimum 3.00 overall cumulative GPA
- Upper Division Undergraduate
- Full-time enrollment required (Undergraduate)
- Each scholarship award will have a value of at least $1,000
- Recipients must be participants in the Lavin Entrepreneur Program or enrolled as either a Management major with an Entrepreneurship specialization or as an Entrepreneurship minor
- Application due date: Click here for this year's deadlines