The Entrepreneurial Horizon
Building Next Generation Entrepreneurs
As we look to the future, the Center continues to expand and develop innovative programs that nurture the next generation of entrepreneurs. With ongoing support from partners, sponsors and donors, the future is bright for SDSU’s continued excellence in entrepreneurship education and leadership.
We are examining ways to further "fuel" entrepreneurs and not just in our regional "backyard" but with an eye to the global entrepreneurship environment. We endeavor to partner with other global leaders, such as universities or corporations, who share our entrepreneurial passion for building the entrepreneurs of the future.
Our leading entrepreneurial program is made possible through the investment of many donors from the private sector, including individuals, foundations and corporations.
Our Entrepreneurial Laboratory
To be an entrepreneurial leader is to never stop investigating and learning. The Lavin Entrepreneurship Center supports important research initiatives by SDSU faculty in the field of entrepreneurship. Research topics include: venture capital funding, early retirees as entrepreneurs, Internet ventures, entrepreneurial culture effects on business performance, and tracking SDSU MBA-founded ventures. Significant funding from QUALCOMM, Inc. and the Kauffman Foundation enables these important research efforts.
The Center’s diverse programs include the:
- Lavin Venture Start Program for undergraduate seniors
- WebCompass for undergraduate seniors
- Business Plan Competitions that San Diego State University competes in
- Lean Model start-up business competition featuring over $25,000 in awards sponsored by SDSU
- MBA/MSBA internship programs for both Non-Profit agencies and For-Profit companies
- Venture Capital Investment Competition (VCIC) for MBA Students
- Business Forum for local family and closely held firms
- Entrepreneur Day for SDSU students and Alumni
- Center for the Commercialization of Advanced Technology (CCAT)
~ Wing Lam, SDSU'84
Wahoo's Fish Tacos
- Top 20 in the nation among universities for entrepreneurs in the U.S.
- Top 25 list of "America's Best Colleges for Entrepreneurs."
- Top 30 in entrepreneurship according to U.S. News & World Report.