Excellence and Leadership
Entrepreneur Curriculum and Programs
With the right blend of university curriculum and industry involvement, the Lavin Entrepreneurship Center within San Diego State University’s (SDSU) College of Business Administration has emerged as an entrepreneurial leader. The US News & World Report – Top 25 Graduate Schools for Entrepreneurs – has rated SDSU’s Entrepreneurship program to be among the best in the country.
The Lavin Center has become a stellar example of what can result when academic talent, local industry and private donors join forces, balancing the very latest in scholastic knowledge with hands-on experience. The University’s innovative learning environment and San Diego’s exciting entrepreneurial business climate are brought together through dynamic curriculum, local industry leadership support and philanthropy to establish a leading entrepreneurship program.
The Classroom Meets the Venture Capital World
The Lavin Entrepreneurship Center has developed diverse hands-on learning opportunities that compliment and enrich the curriculum, enabling students to translate their knowledge into practice. As a future entrepreneur, you will experience and confront the challenges of commercializing products, creating and growing new ventures, while increasing your growing network of peers and mentors.
The Lavin Center's diverse programs include the:
- Lavin Venture Start Program for undergraduate seniors
- Emerging Growth Workshop and Business Forum for early stage and growing company CEO's
- Business Plan Competitions that San Diego State University competes in
- Venture Challenge business plan competition featuring over $25,000 in awards sponsored by SDSU
- MBA/MSBA internship programs for both Non-Profit agencies and For-Profit companies
- Center for the Commercialization of Advanced Technology
- Top 20 in the nation among universities for entrepreneurs in the U.S.
- Top 25 list of "America's Best Colleges for Entrepreneurs."
- Top 30 in entrepreneurship according to U.S. News & World Report.