The Lavin VentureStart Competition Rules
Submission of Entries
- You must drop off a hard-copy of your submission to the Lavin Entrepreneurship Center to submit your entry.
- Entries must be received on time and in the appropriate format.
- Late or incorrect submissions will not be accepted
FormatSubmissions must include a Business Model Canvas & Cover Page. Please fill out, print, and turn in both documents to the Lavin Entrepreneurship Center.
- Submissions must be entered in teams
(minimum of two students, maximum of five)
- Each team must be comprised of current SDSU students (undergraduate or graduate)
- Entries must be the original work of entrants
- Teams that have already secured capital from any source are not eligible
- The Lavin Center Judging Panel reserves the right to disqualify any entry
- Teams representing at least two different colleges within SDSU are recommended but not required.
All full-time and part-time SDSU students at all levels of education and from any departments, registered in the current semester of the Lavin VentureStart Competition, are eligible to enter. Teams are encouraged to seek the involvement of SDSU faculty, alumni, postdoctoral, researchers, staff, and students from other schools and colleges.
Entries must be the original work of entrants and must be entered by a multi-student team(minimum of two students, maximum of five) . By submitting an executive summary, you represent and warrant to The Lavin VentureStart Competition that you have all rights, titles and/or interests in the executive summary submitted and the information it contains is accurate and complete, and that by submitting the document to The Lavin VentureStart Competition you are not and will not be violating any contract or third party rights including any patent, copyright, trade secret, proprietary or confidential information, trademark, publicity or privacy right.
The Judging Panel of The Lavin VentureStart Competition reserves the right to disqualify any entry that in its judgment violates the letter or the spirit of the Competition guidelines, processes and rules of The Lavin VentureStart Competition and its decisions are final and binding.