The L. Robert Payne Lecture Series
Bringing Outstanding Entrepreneurs to SDSU
Fowler Athletic Center Auditorium
The Lavin Entrepreneurship Center is proud to announce Thom McElory, co-founder of Volcom, for the Robert Payne Distinguished Entrepreneur Lecture Series. The lecture series brings an outstanding entrepreneur to San Diego State University to speak to and interact with students, faculty, and invited business representatives from the regional entrepreneurial community. The series was established in 1996 with a gift from SDSU alumnus L. Robert Payne, a successful entrepreneur and long-time supporter of the Lavin Entrepreneurship Center.
This year we are pleased to present Thom McElroy, co-founder of Volcom. Thom McElroy is a San Diego State alum who graduated in 1985 with a degree in graphic communications and successfully helped build Volcom into a $400 million company. A passionate entrepreneur, Thom built Volcom on the ideals of self-expression and individualism. He designed the face of Volcom, their distinctive stone-shaped logo, and positioned the brand's culture as an anti-establishment surf and skate company. Thom understands exactly what it takes to design a successful career.
October 22nd 2013 4:30 to 6:00 pm
Aztec Athletic Auditorium
Thom joins a significant line of past lecturers which include:
- Jeff Church, co-founder of NIKA water
- Jim Sinegal, Co-Founder and CEO of Costco
- Tina Nova, Co-Founder, President, CEO and Director of Genoptix, Inc
- Norm Brinker, former Chairman of Brinker International
- Jim Sinegal, President & CEO of Costco
- John Moores, Founder of Peregrine Systems & Chairman of the Padres
- John Sarkisian, Co-Founder, Pat & Oscar's Restaurants
- Dr. Irwin Jacobs, Chairman & CEO of QUALCOMM
- Robert J. Nugent, former Chairman & CEO of Jack in the Box
- Russell Lewis, Founder and CEO of Rhino Linings
- Dr. Robert Beyster, Founder of SAIC
- Ron Fowler, Chairman & CEO of Liquid Investments, Inc.
For more information, please contact:
Bernhard Schroeder, Director, Lavin Center Programs at email@example.com.