Lavin Entrepreneur Program
The Lavin Entrepreneur Program will provide a select group of talented undergraduate students with an unforgettable experience designed to prepare them for an entrepreneurial career. Graduates of this two-year program will know how to identify and evaluate new business opportunities, understand the roles and responsibilities of an entrepreneur and how to marshal and deploy resources in order to launch and build new ventures.
In addition, they will develop potentially life-long relationships with industry experts, faculty, mentors and Lavin Entrepreneurship Center staff all to fuel their entrepreneurial careers.
Lavin Entrepreneurs will be selected from among sophomore undergraduate students moving into their junior year from business, engineering, science, arts and other majors if the students have demonstrated entrepreneurial passion and talents. All students will be encouraged to apply for the program during their sophomore year of college. Criteria for entry into the program will be based upon an assessment of the following:
- A student's portfolio of entrepreneurial experiences (e.g., internships, clubs, developing a product, launching a student-based business)
- Communication skills
- Leadership competencies
- Grade point average
- Capacity to deal with unstructured, uncertain situations.
At the inception of the program, all Lavin participants will complete a survey that identifies areas of entrepreneurial strengths and weaknesses so that faculty, staff and mentors can best teach, nurture and grow participants to their full capability.
Key Components of the Lavin Entrepreneur Program
- Mentoring/Coaching from Entrepreneurs
- Site Visits to Emerging Growth Companies
- Entrepreneur Program Speaker Series
- Industry Expert Panel Support
- VentureStart Business Plan Competition
- Entrepreneur Day
- L. Robert Payne Distinguished Entrepreneur Lecture
- Lavin Entrepreneurship Center Staff and Advisor Support
For more information, please contact:
Bernhard Schroeder, Director of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (619) 594-0560.