Alliant Consulting, Inc. Job Description
Multiple Positions Open
Alliant Consulting, Inc. is responsible for monitoring and enforcing labor compliance on a wide variety of public works projects throughout the Southern California region. We have opened a new office in the San Diego area and are currently seeking dynamic candidates to grow within our company.
There are multiple positions that need to be filled. Selected applicants will go through a rigorous training period which will allow the opportunity to familiarize oneself with the inner workings of the company and the day-to-day operations. It will also allow the candidate to learn the industry, as well as the practices and governing laws of our business. Upon successful completion of training, candidates will be placed based upon their demonstrated mastery of the industry and command of labor compliance.
Information regarding the training period, job requirements, compensation and how to apply can be found below. Please take care in reading the information and requirements in each section, as applicants who do not meet the listed requirements or do not follow the instructions indicated will not be given consideration.
The following requirements must be met in order to apply:
- Must be a high school graduate
- Must have either 2 years of college experience or 2 years previous experience in an office environment
- Must be able to type 45 WPM
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to multitask and track different projects and assignments over time
- Grammatical proficiency is mandatory for effective oral and written communication
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Power Point, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must be willing to self motivate, and work both as part of a team and individually
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid drivers license, and current insurance
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must have strong basic math skills
- Bilingual is a plus, but is not mandatory
The following requirements are for the training period only:
- Must have a flexible schedule for training period only, standard office hours to be worked upon completion of training.
- Weekends are not anticipated, but may be added if additional training becomes necessary.
- Must be willing to visit project sites outside of the San Diego office for topic specific sessions (travel to be compensated).
- Must be available to begin training within the next three weeks.
The items listed below are a compilation of the different duties and responsibilities for the multiple openings with Alliant. A candidates experience with the following items will be used to determine which position each candidate is best suited for:
- File set up and document creation
- Data entry
- Basic office duties, such as
- Filing - Standard, alphabetical filing system
- Answering phones, taking and distributing messages
- Scanning and photocopying
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Office supply inventory
- Experience with labor compliance
- Experience with the labor code
- Experience with certified payroll
- Experience with public works
- Construction experience of any type or preexisting knowledge of the industry
- Conducting verbal interviews
- Ability to take detailed notes and write detailed summaries
- Ability to engage in professional correspondence - written (letters and emails) and oral (telephone calls, meetings with clients and contractors, etc.)
- Cross referencing
- Online researching
Applicants must email a resume and a cover letter or personal statement in order to be considered. The cover letter or personal statement must address the following items:
- Detail your experience and qualifications. Use this as an opportunity to tell us about your experience and knowledge in relation to the requirements and duties listed in this job advertisement.
- Compensation- Please make an honest statement of how much you are willing to work for and feel you should be paid hourly based on what you are able to bring to the company. Please do not say open or negotiable. We would like an idea as to what your target starting rate is. This rate will be negotiable based upon performance in training and the position that is offered to each candidate.
Applicants that do not follow the above-listed instructions will not be given consideration.