Leadership in Organizations (MGT475)
This course will prepare you to take on the various challenges presented in leadership. Upon completion of this course you will understand what it takes to motivate, empower and inspire others, and what it takes to communicate and negotiate effectively.
- Discuss the role of individual difference characteristics in leadership.
- Compare and contrast leadership and management.
- Define power sources in an organization and its key role in leadership.
- Identify ways to motivate, empower, and inspire others.
- Describe different models and theories of leadership.
- Explain the leadership practices necessary to implement change, including overcoming resistance to change and the importance of vision.
- Describe the role culture, diversity and gender can play in leadership. Demonstrate skills in communication, negotiation, leading a meeting, and solving problems in a group environment.