Social Entrepreneurship (MGT455)
Now that you understand the fundamentals of entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship will allow you to combine those skills with your philanthropic passions. Once you have completed this course you will be able to identify social needs and respond with an entrepreneurial solution, including problem-solving skills, financial metrics and how to attract capital.
- Articulate the basic concepts of Social Entrepreneurship.
- Recognize and assess free-market opportunities that may be transformed into solving social needs.
- Develop & apply social and financial metrics to assess the viability of social ventures.
- Identify social needs and respond with viable, definitive, and sustainable entrepreneurial models.
- Through problem-solving skills, provide recommendations to overcome the barriers to social enterprise development.
- Analyze the best practices, successes and failures, opportunities and constraints in the field of social entrepreneurship and sustainable business practices.
- Use creative design and innovative verbal communications as a competitive advantage to attract capital.
- Identify new trends in entrepreneurship.