Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship (MGT358)
Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship lays the foundation of entrepreneurship. Upon completion of this course you will be able to identify entrepreneurial opportunities, define your customer and seek to create a product that meets a need, as well as understand the basic principles of financial management.
- Explain why entrepreneurship can be viewed as arising out of the intersection of enterprising people and opportunities.
- Define entrepreneurial opportunities and explain why such opportunities exist.
- Explain why cognitive processes provide an important foundation for understanding creativity and opportunity recognition.
- Explain why entrepreneurs need to gather several kinds of information before launching their new ventures and describe the nature of that information.
- Explain the difference between human capital and social capital and indicate why he founding team of new ventures should be high in both.
- Explain the basic principles of financial management, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Define real customer need and explain why an entrepreneur should seek to develop a product or service that meets a real need.
- Describe how entrepreneurs can prevent others from learning about their business ideas, and list the barriers entrepreneurs can use to prevent competitors from imitating these ideas.
Faculty and Most Recent Syllabi:
Kimberly Davis King